Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Adios, Amiga

HELLO HELLO HELLO

Well, do I have some crazy news for YOU. Obviously I am horrible at reminding people that it's transfers, but by now you've probably all caught on to that secret. Here I was thinking that I would get to happily end my mission in my little Gillingham 2nd Ward with the people I have grown to LOVE so much, but was I right? NO. I received news that I will be moving to Romford for my last week and a half. What in the world? The thoughts that went through my mind as President Stevens told me: shock, confusion, sadness, confusion, my heart being ripped out of my chest (ok, that's a lil dramatic), and more confusion. The ironic part was that earlier in the day we were talking to our District Leader, and he was like, "Honestly, I think it will all stay the same. Maybe Elder Meas will leave, but nothing else. Maybe, by some crazy chance, they'll move you to London to be closer so it will be easier when you're ready to leave." And what does President tell me?? "We thought it would be good to bring you close to London in preparation for you to leave." Ugh. I'm still a lil gutted about it. Our entire District is being changed, so our dear DL was slightly off haha.

This last week in Sittingbourne has been good, though. It's a shame that we aren't given more notice to see people and say goodbye, but I have made many calls to try to convey my love for people. One of the highlights of this past week has really just been seeing the progression our pal Richard is making. You can literally see a new light in him that radiates, and I know it's from growing and learning in the gospel. I am so sad to say goodbye, but he will still be in good hands :)





Well, amigos, I have to pack ALL my stuff, just to repack it all again in less than two weeks. What a joy :,) but I am going to trust in the reason God has for me going to Romford for a bit, and I'm sure I'll have some fun things to update you on next week! I don't know who my companions are -- I totally missed the names in the call (I was in shock haha), but it will be trio, round dos! So that should be a partayyyyy.

I'll end this on a cool spiritual experience I had this week! I was sitting in sacrament meeting, just pondering and thinking. You know those times when you really just want to know that Heavenly Father is aware of you at that very moment? Well, this was one of those times. Obviously I know He is always aware of us, but a confirmation is always such a spiritual boost. A scripture came to my mind, which happens to be the one on my missionary plaque.

2 Nephi 31:20: "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 

Then our Stake President got up to bear his testimony. He told of how he had gone to France the day before to work at the refugee camp. He said as they were shovelling rocks, a little 4 year old Kurdish boy came over and picked up a shovel that was bigger than him. He started to shovel away, only able to manage getting a few rocks at a time. President Hunt then went on to say that although the little boy's contributions were small, he kept on going, and in the end his contributions did add up. Then he shared the very scripture I had been mulling over in my mind, adding how we can continue to "press forward" no matter if we feel we aren't moving as fast as others or contributing as much. He focused on how, as long as we keep going, our reward will be oh so sweet. The Spirit just hit me so strong, and I felt enveloped by God's love. I knew that was His answer to my silent prayer that I would be able to feel His love at that very moment.

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Syddall

1 comment:

  1. I SO love reading her posts! Trust, trust, and trust some more!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete