Monday, November 14, 2016

"Stay friends, Mexican and American!"

HEY PALS!

I'll start off by stating that this week was much better than last. The funny part is that people weren't necessarily more receptive, but Sister Garcia and I have just focused on having a positive attitude towards every single thing we do, and it has made all the difference! Perspective is what it's really all about!

Happy post elections week as well! Lemme tell ya, these English folks are VERY passionate when it comes to American politics. Everyone and their dog has been asking me about what I think about it, and I'm just like "uhhhhh... I don't hear about anything over here, so I have no opinion." It's been a great conversation starter when people hear my accent. A woman asked Sister Garcia and I where we were from, so I said America, and Sister Garcia said Mexico. The lady was like "ohhhhhh, not very good between you two then..." We were both laughing SO hard. And then as we were leaving, she goes "STAY FRIENDS, MEXICAN AND AMERICAN!" Ohhhhhh man, funniest moment of the week for sure.

One of my not-so-great moments of the week was when we were talking to people in good ol' Sittingbourne. I approached this dad with a little kid, and I said, "oh my goodness, your son is so cute!" ...and I'll bet some of you can predict where this is going... he proceeds to very defensively say, "well, it's my daughter, but thanks." I felt soooooo bad! But no lie, this little girl was wearing a boy's coat! And she had very short hair! It turned into such an awkward situation so fast hahaha.

We got to to on exchange to Illford this week! I had the pleasure of being with Sister Soulier, and I just love that girl so much! She's from Utah, and I have known her since she was born in the mish, but I learned so much from her and I'm pretty sure we were laughing practically the whole day. Illford is SO different from our area, so it was fun to be around such a fun variety of people!



I'll end this with a little thought from Elder Tuttle from District meeting this week. He had us read Jeremiah 16:16 "Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks." He spoke about how in some missions they are fishers -- there are lots of people that want to get baptised. Then he went on to talk about how in this mission we are hunters. We have to search on every mountain (more like a mound of grass in England) and hill! We will try to avoid the holes and the rocks (that's a bit sketchy), but we need to keep on being hunters. This pumped me up!

In honor of Sister Tuttle baking over 10,000 cookies since February. She's a ROCKSTAR!

I hope you all have a fantastic week! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Syddall

FORGOT ONE IMPORTANT THING: I won't be emailing until Wednesday next week because guess where I'm going that day?!?!?!?!?!??? THE TEMPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment