Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

HIYA PALS

Long time no talk. We are a bit late with the emails this weeks because WE GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE. TODAY. Can I just express how much I have missed that place for the past 17 months?? Definitely the most peaceful place on the earth. The beauty and serenity of it all was breathtaking. The Tuttles were kind enough to take us (love them with all my heart).

President Thomas S. Monson said, "As we attend the temple, there can come to us a dimension of spirituality and a feeling of peace which will transcend any other feeling which could come into the human heart. We will grasp the true meaning of the words of the Savior when He said: 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you... Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.'"

How true that statement is! Loved today. Never wanted to leave! It was also great because a family from Mildenhall Ward came and surprised me, so it was fun to take some pictures with them and catch up afterwards.










Due to that fact, I'm running on a tight schedule to email, but I'll leave you with some highlights of the past week and a half. The funniest moment was one day when Sister Garcia and I were going out to talk to people in town. Along the way, Sister Garcia was asking me to correct her pronunciation of different words, so after I shed my knowledge of the English language on her, I approached an old woman and began to talk to her. Then she very rudely proclaimed, "LEARN HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH!" Now, normally I would probably feel a bit of a sting from the strong rejection, but Sister Garcia and I just started cracking up as we walked away. Laughter takes the sting away for sure.

The uplifting statement from the week was from our pal Malcolm in our ward. He said to us, "Sisters, it's not about the amount of baptisms you have, it's about the seeds you've planted!" That is exactly what we needed to hear. God is good, my friends! He definitely inspires people to do or say something that we need. I LOVE YOU ALL! HAVE A FABULOUS WEEK!

Love,
Sister Syddall

No comments:

Post a Comment