Monday, January 11, 2016

Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and WALKED


Hiya chaps! You alright?!

Alright, now that I've greeted you like a real Englishman, let's get down to business, shall we? Okay, so this week in a nutshell has been CRAZY. First of all, London last week was sooooooo much fun. Man, I'm going to miss those people! Actually, I already DO miss those people. I just keep telling myself "change is good"... even though it's been a little hard, honestly! I went from being in a district of ten to a district of four. Yep, just Sister Smith and I and our district leader and his companion. It will be a... change. Looks like I'll get the opportunity to give a lot of trainings! Woooooohooooo haha.

Our last London pday (and this is missing like the whole crew because I don't have a computer :'( so sad)

On the day of transfers we all met up with our new companions and I had to say goodbye to Sister Mekonnen. It was seriously so sad! I had so much fun serving with her and we were both just lugging my suitcases to the station repeating "this doesn't feel real!"

Trying to be Princess Leia since I'm missing out on the new Star Wars hahaha

It was even sad to say goodbye to the nasty mouldy flat. BUT right off the bat of meeting Sister Smith, I knew we would get along great! She's from the blessed land of UTAHHHHHH. She actually was with Sister Bader (my trainer) right before I came out, so we both have enjoyed reminiscing about Hayes and all of the good times in that area. Luckily our district leader came to meet up with us and helped with luggage, and then the zone leaders came and met up and drove our suitcases to the flat (and so kindly carried them up the stairs. I don't think we would have made it if it wasn't for them). We DO live in a 4-man flat, which means TWO bathrooms, which is such a luxury. The elders that were there before didn't leave it in the cleanest condition... but that's what Sister Smith and I will be getting in order for the rest of the day! And unpacking... still haven't been able to do that! We also sleep on £80 pillows... just thought I'd throw that in there haha!

So let me recount the craziness of the week. Every day we have walked. And walked. And WALKED. I am not exaggerating, it's been like pioneer trek 2.0. I have NEVER walked this much in my life. And I got a blister on the bottom of my foot. Ew, I know. And my shoes will probably be worn out in about 2 weeks. It has apparently been the wettest winter in a longggggg time, so yeah, lots of rain. A random man gave us both umbrellas one night when we were caught in a storm. We've just been trying to stop by to talk to anybody. Everybody. And no one is available to meet with us. I've honestly felt like a chicken running around with it's head cut off. We were able to have a meeting with the bishop, and he pretty much told us the ward may be a bit... dysfunctional hahahaha. But I'm looking forward to see what I'll learn! He told us that we will need to have a lotttttt of patience.

One night when we were walking we saw something flipping around out in the middle of the road. I thought it was a plastic bag, but what was it? IT WAS A CAT THAT HAD BEEN HIT BY A CAR. Then it proceeded to ram into a car and left a ton of blood, and then we watched it take its last breath. So depressing.

Sunday was good to meet a bunch of people - not like I remember any of their names or anything, but I'm sure it will come with time. Literally the whole Ward Council was changed. A very nervous Ward Mission Leader was among those called, so that will be interesting to see! I'm sure he'll be great!

I know I promised some pictures, but another wacky thing is that the bishop will not allow the missionaries to have a key to the chapel... so I am currently emailing in the local Burger King (just ate me some gooooood food #livingthelife) and have no access to a computer :(  sad day.

Well folks, sorry this email is all over the place, but LOVE YA'LL!

Love,
Sister Syddall

No comments:

Post a Comment