Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Over the Humppppp

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: my pday for next week will be this Saturday... That is the 16th of April! And then I will not have a pday the next week... sooooo yeah. My compadre will be going to the temple (not with me though.... so soooooo sad), but just so you all know :)

And for those of you who were just worried sick that I did not email yesterday {like yo mama, girl} (I know, probably all of you ;)) that is because we had interviews so our pday was changed.

Let's jump right into what has been going down this week!

We've just been continuing to find and find and find and talk and talk and talk to EVERYONE. This week still wasn't necessarily stellar-looking on paper, but it was an improvement from last week. Baby steps, baby steps. And we worked so so hard, so I know that none of the effort was wasted. And this upcoming week is just JAM PACKED with all sorts of stuff and it should just be SO GOOD.


One highlight from last week was on Friday when we had a Zone Training Meeting in Stevenage. We learned all sorts of good knowledge from our leaders and were spiritually edified and pumped up! Since the meeting was in our neck of the woods, our zone leaders thought it would be good to have a zone lunch and blitz where everyone could mix up companions and go out and find in town for an hour. They put us in charge of organising it, so we thought of some fun different finding questions people could use, and then we were all off! And let me tell ya, it was an hour of MIRACLES! We received a whole lot of referrals and met so many great people. I had the privilege of finding with Sister Smiddy, and she's only been out in the field for a couple of weeks, but she rocked it and we found some great people! It was just so great to be so unified in the zone and it was so kind of the companionships to help the area out. This is why we have such a packed week, but packed weeks are the BEST weeks. Ahhhhhh I am so looking forward to it!


Sunday was such a good day (when is it not though, am I right?!) I just love how uplifting and altogether wonderful of a day it is! Unfortunately I'm sick AGAIN. Luckily it's just a head cold type thing, so it's not quite as bad, but man oh man, has it made me TIRED. When I think back, I don't think I've ever fully recovered from the flu! I'm hoping after this passes I'll be in tip top shape and back to 100% energy!

I'm realising how lame this email is... I guess I can write about one of my random thoughts that has actually bugged me since I've been here. What in the world is the point of a 2 pence coin?! Is it practical? No. Have I ever reached in my wallet to use one? No. Does it just make my bag heavier and more of a nuisance? Yes. Now that I think about it, it was probably the useless weight of these 2p coins that caused the demise of my beloved bag. And I guess I could throw in the fact that they don't have a £1 note! Again, more weight in coins. The only positive about those is they hold some some value. But really, it could save my shoulders a lot of hassle if it wasn't for their unnecessary use of coins. Okay, my rant is done. I still love England, guys, don't worry.

Interviews yesterday were just so great! I know I've mention it a billion times before, but I just LOVE President and Sister Stevens. They are just the greatest. Getting some one-on-one time to talk to each of them is just always such a treat.

Side note: don't eat two brownies and a pb&j right before you get on a two-hour bus journey home. Dang, I've never been so close to getting car sick! That ride was so rough hahaha but I survived. I think that I've decided no more peanut butter and jelly for me haha. But I don't think I'll ever gain a taste aversion to brownies...

Oh, and I hit my 9 month mark this past week! I am just baffled at how quickly time is flying by. I want to make every single second that I have out here count! I feel like it was seriously two days ago that I wrote about Sister Bader hitting her nine month mark, like what the heck?!?!? The thought of being on the downhill slope is a bit sad. If it keeps going at the rate it has been, I think I'll blink and then be home (and according to everyone it will just keep on going faster, ahhhhh). I hope you all enjoy the super cheesy "pregnant" picture I took (that may or may not have been taken on my actual 9 month mark day... I didn't even realise it was the day until like 7pm haha).



Love you all! I hope you find some enjoyment in this very scrambled and all over the place update!

Love,
Sister Syddall

No comments:

Post a Comment