Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Great Apostrophe

Hello ladies and gents! Soooo it feels like it was like half a week ago that I was writing about what's been going on... Oh wait, it was! I'm sorry if this update is a little underwhelming due to the fact that I feel like I just barely updated you all on what's happening...

Soooooooo hmmmmmmm... well, Wednesday was just the most BEAUTIFUL weather, it seriously just put the biggest smile on my face... walking outside, not needing a jacket or anything. And lemme tell ya, these English folks are a whole lot happier when the sun is shining. But of course, this did not keep up for more than a day, and since then it has been just rainy and wet. Friday I forgot to bring my umbrella out with me and I got SOAKED. Literally every layer of clothing was wet and my hair was dripping and I looked like I went through a hurricane or something. It was not a pretty sight, folks. And it wasn't really helping with this whole cold situation either. My nose has just been a constant faucet. Attractive, I know.

Friday we did have an amazing meeting with Andrew and Bishop! Since Andrew is a new convert, we are going through the lessons with him once again, but since he is just so rockin', we asked a couple of weeks ago if he would like to teach US about the restoration. So this was the day, and he was feeling a bit nervous. BUT he was just so good and the spirit was so strong! It was quite funny though, because as he was teaching he was like "and after Christ was on earth, we went through the great apostrophe!" And then he was like "wait... that doesn't sound quite right... I meant apostasy!" We all had a pretty good laugh. Long story short, he's a boss and taught it so well. Bishop taught him more about the priesthood and it was just powerful! It really made me take a step back and think about how grateful I am to have that amazing power restored to the earth. We are so lucky!

Today I have been out and about in St. Albans with Sister Hibbard (from Switzerland) and Sister Smiddy (from Idaho). All of our companions are gearing up to go home and so they've gone to the temple together (I am a little heartbroken that I am not there... but I suppose my time will come). It's been way fun to be in a trio for the day, though, it makes me reminisce on those good times in the MTC! And these Sisters are just so much fun! We've hit up Subway, Costa (shoutout to you, Chey), and the Cadbury outlet (who knew there was a chocolate outlet store?) so as you can see we have had a health-filled day ;)



That really is about all that is new with me at this point! Maybe my next email will be a bit more exciting since you'll have to go a whole week and two days without hearing from me (it's okay, you can wipe the tears away from your eyes before you continue to read). Let's end this on a spiritual note!

"We fail only if we fail to take another faithful step forward. We will not, we cannot, fail if we are faithfully yoked to the Savior -- He who has never failed and will never fail us!" -- Elder Randall K. Bennett. I think that speaks for itself. Keep taking those steps forward! You will not fail! YOU ALL ROCK. DON'T EVER FORGET THAT!

Love,
Sister Syddall

No comments:

Post a Comment