Monday, September 19, 2016

Sittingbourne's Biggest Knit

Hello family and friends!

I hope you've all had a splendid week! This week has had its challenges, but hey, that's life, right? This area has posed to be a challenging one. As I mentioned last week, I've been told it's the "refiners fire," and boy, have I felt it! There really are no solid people we are teaching right now, and we just seem to be getting hosed for most of our appointments. No [investigator] has come to church in a very long time, so that's another challenge. And the people in this area are just not very open to hearing anything about the gospel. I know if I keep the faith, we will see MIRACLES. As I thought back to all of my other areas, I realised how everywhere I have gone has started with essentially no teaching pool, but the Lord always had a way of getting things moving. Sometimes I find myself not understanding why I've never been able to go to an area where it is just booming with people eager to learn and progress, but then I take a step back and see the amazing things I've learned in each and every area I've served in. I know that I am here for a reason, and at this point, things can only go up! This will likely be the last area I serve in (not guaranteed though), so I am going to make the most out of it! The bright side is that Sister Topp is so great, and the ward is all so lovely!


This week the weather has also been whack. It started off just BLAZING. I'm talking pushing 90 and tons of humidity. I thought I was about to die haha. I was telling Sister Topp how much I wanted it to be rainy again. Well... my prayers were answered because overnight it did a complete 180 and it was pouring and windy and our umbrellas couldn't stand it. Not exactly what I had in mind, but now it's nice and breezy and autumny, so I can't complain!


Now to the title of my email. We stopped by a less active man's home and this adorable little 5 foot old man answers the door. We started talking to him and he's just hilarious. He's wearing a silver chain necklace and a white t-shirt and was talking to us about how life had been going. Then he all of a sudden begins talking about how he had knitted 5 feet of a scarf that day. I was just sitting there thinking about how much knitting that was, then he goes on to tell me he holds the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest knitted scarf. And it's TWENTY SIX MILES LONG. Yes. You heard that right. 26 miles. Then he told us that they call him "Sittingbourne's biggest Knit." How excited he was as he told us about his knitting just made me smile so much hahaha.

Hmmmmm. What else. Well, I forgot to mention last week that:
we don't have a shower (baths for dayssssss),
we sleep in the kitchen (yes, our beds are in the KITCHEN),
and our fridge is about the size of a small cupboard.
Living the luxurious life haha!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Syddall

No comments:

Post a Comment