Monday, August 29, 2016

Pizza. Pizza. Pizza.

Hello Everybody!!

I hope you've all had a splendid week. Right now I'm honestly just struggling to think of what has gone on... give me two seconds while my brain starts to function...

Ok. I guess I can start by telling you more about our Polish friend. She's still just doing so so great. Every time we meet with her we talk about what she has read in the Book of Mormon, and she's just zooming through! She's already in the middle of 2 Nephi and she's just loving it and taking in every single word. She's had some challenges going on lately, but she has told us that she feels so happy because of the gospel. She has come to church every single week, and she told us that at the end of Relief Society, she just doesn't want to leave because she feels so much peace. I find it amazing to see how the Spirit can speak to everyone, despite the language barriers. Honestly, as we teach her we need to go very slow and use a lot of Google translate haha, but she still describes the feeling of the Holy Ghost each time we teach her something new or each time she hears someone speak. It's so wonderful! She wants to be baptised, and we are helping her work towards that goal. I'll be sure to take a picture with her this week so you guys can meet her :)

Just took some selfies to have a few more pictures to share this week...

This week we literally had pizza 4 nights in a row haha! When people ask me what my favourite food is, I'm always just like "well... I really like pizza." For some reason this week everyone just decided to respond to that and feed it to us! Now I can't say I really have anything to complain about, but it was just so odd that it was four consecutive nights.

































This week I've also come to the conclusion that humidity and I are not friends. It's been quite a mild summer over here to be honest, but this past week it's just be HOT. and SO HUMID. I feel like when I walk outside I'm steppin' into a steamy sauna. I'm not a fan. But I know in a matter of a month when it's back to being cold and rainy and wet all the time, I'll probably be reminiscing on these hot days.

 This is a Sister who served in this mission, but has come back to visit. Way back at the beginning of my mission when I met her, she was like "AHHH, a fellow tall Sister!" Haha

The Sistas in the District

Sister Hudson and I got to teach Relief Society this week in one of our wards, and we focused on the talk given by Elder Dallin H. Oaks this previous conference called Opposition in All Things. We got all prepared the previous morning, and we go and sit in sacrament meeting and the woman talking literally based her talk on this exact thing! Same quotes. Same vibe. Sister Hudson and I just looked at each other and were like "uhhh.... well I hope they're ready for round two!" So it made me a bit nervous, but once we got into teaching the lesson, I saw that this is exactly what everyone needed to talk about. I loved hearing stories from all of these women and how they've faced opposition with hope. There is so much to learn from their experiences! Not to mention there was a big family reunion going on (I actually saw someone from the Stevenage Ward!) and so there were about an extra 20 women in RS. It was so great. Something I loved that a sister shared was that whenever women in her ward at home would face a hard time, their Relief Society president would say, "well, we read many times in the Book of Mormon 'and it came to pass...' It never says 'and it came to stay'!" It is so true! The circumstances that we face in life are always changing, but I know that opposition is part of that necessary struggle to move us closer to God and to let us rely upon the help of our Saviour.

Well, I love you all! Have a superb week!

Love,
Sister Syddall

No comments:

Post a Comment