Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Bikes vs Sisters

Hello!

This week has been a blur, and all of the days more or less just run together, soooooo I'll do my best at recalling the highlights!

We were supposed to have an exchange in Watford this week, but one of the Sister Training Leaders was sick, so that has been postponed to this week. Tonight we will be going there, and will be there throughout the day on Tuesday, then we head to London on Wednesday for Sister Searle's 3 week meeting (she's been in the field for 3 weeks... not a 3-week-long meeting haha), then we have a Zone Meeting on Friday. Ay, Caramba. It's going to be a busy week, but I'm looking forward to it!

I am still just absolutely loving training. Sister Searle and I are just like two peas in a pod, so it's been so much fun. And we've seen great things happen! It's quite funny because literally EVERYONE comments on how similar we are. Like mother, like daughter hahaha. But really, we are hoping SO BADLY that we will stay together for one more transfer! We shall see, we shall see.

Still battling with the bikes. I'm truly trying to see the positive side to them, but still struggling. I have a billion bruises on the back of my leg from the pedal hitting it. Oh, and at one point this week, my shoe just whipped off in the middle of riding and the pedal came around and hit me right in the Achilles tendon. P.A.I.N.F.U.L. And let me tell ya, being directionally challenged and riding a bike just do not mix because I can't be holding my iPad and riding at the same time (although I've made attempts...). Seriously, what should have been a 40 minute walk, took like 45 minutes on a bike. Where is the logical sense in that? We just try to hide our faces as we ride with the super good lookin' skirt-and-helmet combo. I can't even imagine what must be going through people's heads when they see us whiz by. I'm sure with time it will get better, and I'm building those leg muscles so I can't complain about that.

Saturday we went to Harlow again to do a big blitz as a zone. The weather was all over the place (what's new?) so we started in the rain and our coats, then ended in the sunshine sweating. Ahhhh England :)  It was way fun to be with the whole zone and to get to work with the members in the Harlow ward! We also had the pleasure of having a little fireside with President Jarvis, a member of the mission presidency. He talked about all of the different things that had to fall into place in order to have the Book of Mormon today, and the things Joseph Smith had to face in order to translate this sacred record. Man oh man, am I GRATEFUL that Heavenly Father blessed us with this set of scripture.

The only picture I got from last week... I'll be better this week!

On Sunday we had a lunch and a dinner appointment. At lunch with the Garnhams, we talked about mission meal experiences. Sister Garnhams once had a cat sit on her food as they were praying, and still proceeded to eat it all. I couldn't beat that one hahaha. For dinner we had an appointment with the SWEETEST Filipino family, and as we shared a spiritual message, the dad started talking about how when he prays for patience, he feels that his patience is tested even more, so he jokingly said "maybe I need to stop praying!" Then the youngest daughter who is about four said "Dad, if you don't pray I'll have bad dreams!!" Awwwww it was just the sweetest thing. It probably doesn't even sound that sweet, but ya just had to be there.

Today we were supposed to go bowling with the district, but my dreams got dashed when we went in and they said the next available time was 6:00pm :,( but I'm recovering. Better luck next week!

Love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Syddall

No comments:

Post a Comment