Tuesday, May 10, 2016

HEAT WAVE

Hello folks!

This week has just been so great! England experienced a heat wave, which just had me pleased as punch. To the English, a "heat wave" is like 70 degrees, BUT I'll take it. The weather has been so so perfect, and all of the trees have pretty flowers, and I didn't have to wear a jacket, and there was NO RAIN. It stays light until about 9pm, and I hear that in a few weeks it won't get dark until about 10. Ahhh it's just so great! My poor pasty white skin, though, I got a bit of a burn, but I suspect it will turn into a bit of a tan so all is well. England is just beautiful and green and flowery and it's just great! I've loved it so so much. But, like all good things, it must come to an end. Today it's just a rainy and gloomy day in London, but I guess that's a fitting send-off for Sister Hernes because it just wouldn't be London without rain, am I right?

Some other exciting news from the week is that I will be... *drum roll please*... staying in Stevenage! I will be training a brand new missionary! I am so so excited, but I gotta be honest, I feel a wee bit of pressure because this will be the girl's first taste of missionary life, so it's got to be pretty dang awesome. I am excited to meet her tomorrow and start a great transfer! I don't know who she is or where she is from at this point, but I'll let you all know next week.

This week has been a bit weird because it's felt like it's zoomed by, yet thinking about last pday it feels like that was a long time ago?? It's pretty unexplainable, but Sister Hernes and I have just been trying to take in every moment we have together! I have learned so many amazing and wonderful things from her and I am just so grateful for her optimism and attitude towards this work. She's just great and I'll miss her so much!

I don't have much time to write, but I hope the pictures suffice! I'll leave you with my favourite quote from a true English elderly man: "100 miles is a long distance to us, like 100 years is a long time ago in history to you Americans." Hahaha, I think I've heard more about the fact that America has no history than anything else! But I am still #proudtobeanamerican. Love you all!

Love,
Sister Syddall

Loving these sunshiny days! 

At a barbecue on Sunday. 

Yes, we DID buy matching skirts :) 


The sisters with roses are going home. Every sister companionship in our zone had a sister leaving... which is pretty unusual.


 Lunch on the beautiful steps in Stevenage after Zone Meeting. Doesn't this just make you want to visit this place to see the beauty with your own eyes? hahaha

Lou and Martin! Great people!

Sue and David :)

This is from a zone blitz that we did in Harlow. We all worked in that area for the day and saw some great success! AND we ate at Five Guys. I mean, what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment